Cauliflower seems to be a key ingredient in the keto world, just like eggs or zucchini. I have never been a fan of cooked cauliflower, mashed or otherwise…but over the last year I have kept trying to make one I like so I have that mashed potato replacement that we all seem to need. Here is one of the best ones I have come up with. I used all the hints and tips I have heard and compiled them into a favorite recipe in our house.
Easy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 bag Frozen Riced Cauliflower (You can use fresh, too)
- 1 T Mayo
- 2 T Sour Cream
- 2 T Butter
- 2 T Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
**Add ins – Cheese, bacon, green onions…
**If you get cauliflower dry enough, you will need more wet ingredients…cream, butter….
- Over cook cauliflower by about 2 minutes (makes a smoother finished dish)
- Cool until steam stops (prevents mushiness)
- I also use cheesecloth or a clean dish towel to wring out the extra moisture. The drier the better when it comes to texture.
- Mash well
- Add in all other ingredients until you get the taste and texture you want.
- Use food processor or immersion blender to make smooth and creamy.
- Reheat to proper temp if needed.
- Because this is cooled and reheated anyway, it makes a great make ahead or meal prep food.
Leave a Reply