This is a very easy and quick way to feed your whole family. Use any vegetable you like, season as you like and you can even make keto biscuit on half and regular biscuits on the other half for others.
A firm potato sub like jicama or chayote would need more cooking and should be added early, while zucchini is softer and should be added towards the end to keep it from becoming mushy.
Simple Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini or chayote, peeled and diced (any potato sub)
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 1 cups mixed vegetables of choice
- 2 cups chicken or turkey, cubed small
- 18 oz jar of chicken/turkey gravy
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- Salt and pepper and desired seasoning, to taste
- 2 cups Carbquik
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Option: Use any biscuit recipe you like
FOR THE POT PIE FILLING:
- Heat the butter in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the onion, celery, garlic, chayote (if using) and mixed veggies.
- Add a little salt and pepper to the pan.
- Sauté until the vegetables are cooked but firm.
- Add the chicken to the pan and zucchini (if using) and sauté until hot.
- Add gravy and sour cream to pan
- Heat until hot and bubbly
FOR THE BISCUITS:
- Mix all ingredients and form into about 8 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place biscuits evenly over hot filling
- Place carefully in oven
- Bake for 12-15 minute (Or until biscuits are cooked through)
- Option: You can also pour your filling into a 9×13 baking dish or casserole and bake.
Leave a Reply