Meant for pancakes but this is also the perfect topping for so many desserts including donuts, bread pudding or cheesecake.
Buttermilk Syrup (Sauce)
- ¾ cup butter
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- ¼ cup water (sub for bourbon, rum, whiskey for a boozy sauce)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened (optional, for a thicker/creamier dessert sauce)
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add water and sweetener. Whisk until the sweetener is completely dissolved. (allow to cook for a minute if using alcohol)
- Whisk in cream, vinegar, and salt. (and optional cream cheese)
- Bring to a boil while gently stirring.
- Remove from heat and gently whisk in vanilla and baking soda. The syrup will begin to foam up at this point.
- When the foam has receded carefully pour the syrup into a syrup pitcher and serve
Leave a Reply