This can be made in any type dish you like…I prefer the muffins for the crispiness of the edges. Use any bread you like, store bought, homemade or you can even use chaffles.
For the dried bread, I season the slices with poultry seasoning and thyme and dry on low heat in the oven (about 200 degrees) then cube and continue to dry until crunchy like a crouton.
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp chicken bullion powder (or paste)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth (more or less, depending on the amount of bread used)
- 1 loaf sliced keto bread of choice, dried and cubed
- Other seasonings – optional
- Celery salt
- …Whatever you like.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Melt butter over medium heat in large pan.
- Add onion and celery; sauté over medium heat until vegetables are soft, about 6 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté another 2 -3 minutes
- Season with poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and any other seasonings
- Remove pot from heat.
- Mix bread cubes into vegetables; stir until bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Stir in broth; mix well.
- Lightly press 1/2 cup mixture into buttered muffin tin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven until tops of muffins are golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Can be made ahead and reheated.
Leave a Reply