The newest cookie in my collection and I fell in love. The texture and the flavor are just amazing. It reminds me of a trail cookie from my childhood called a GORP cookie, filled with all kinds of healthy stuff that tastes too good to be healthy.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown Swerve or brown sugar substitute of choice. (see below for brown sugar recipe)
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum *optional for texture
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bar
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarse chopped
- 1/3 cup pistachios, coarse chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
You could swap out nuts to fit your preference or eliminate any of the add ins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add melted butter and sweeteners into a large mixing bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- In another bowl, measure flours, baking powder, salt and Xanthan Gum.
- Add to the wet ingredients.
- Mix well
- Fold in the chocolate chips, nuts and coconut. (I do this by hand)
- Scoop out dough balls, place on parchment covered cookie sheet and press slightly flat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool until touchable and move to wire rack until completely cool
- Store in airtight container
Brown Sugar –
Mix the following well with a fork.
- 1 cup of granular sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract
Leave a Reply