Turkey is easy, just avoid sugar in any rubs or brines you choose to use. I, for one plan on making extra for leftovers.
Ham can be slightly more carb heavy, but watch your ingredients and avoid honey or brown sugar, though if you add your own sweeteners at home, that’s fine
Prime rib or a roast is also automatically keto friendly.
- Mashed cauliflower easily replaces the potatoes. This recipe is only 2-3 servings, you may need to double or triple.
- “Mac” & cheese – with cauliflower of course
- Pumpkin casserole is a great replacement for the sweet potatoes.
- Cheesy green beans are even better than the original green bean casserole.
- French onion zoodles are super tasty. I prefer them with smoked gouda.
- Broccoli with cheese sauce or roasted brussel sprouts are a great side too.
- Here is an almond flour bread stuffing that is actually keto, I suggest making the bread a day or 2 in advance. If you use the zero carb bread found in stores, you can make stuffing with it too, even chaffles can be used.
- You can make gravy using this recipe. Replace some butter with drippings, or add a little chicken broth (paste or granules work best). If it’s still too thin, a very tiny bit of xanthan gum will thicken it. There is another gravy recipe at the bottom of this page.
- Garlic bread sticks, Cheese biscuits (make these in a muffin pan), or dinner rolls would make the dinner complete.
- Almost forgot the cranberry sauce, here is a basic cranberry sauce. You could add essential oils or extracts to change the flavor (orange for me). Most recipes could be ketofied by just changing the sweetener.
For appetizers or holiday parties, here are a bunch of keto party foods.
And last but not least, what would the holidays be without egg nog. This is better than anything you can buy in a store.
- 2 cups beef broth (you could use chicken broth)
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce (skip this for chicken)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- Just simmer/whisk until reduced to desired thickness
Leave a Reply