I LOVE gingersnaps, I miss my mom’s homemade ginger cookies that she used to make every year for Christmas. This is the closest cookie I have found to what she makes…AND it’s keto. I can’t ask for any more than that. This are not hard like the store bought gingersnap, though it you pressed it or rolled it thinner, you could probably get some crispness from it. I like them a little soft and chewy!!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients of melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Blend with a hand mixer until combined. The cookie batter will be slightly stiff and crumbly.
- Use a cookie scoop to measure out each cookie on to a parchment lined pan.
- Flatten the top of each cookie with a spatula or just use your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F or until they’re lightly browned on top.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan
This recipe came from the good people at Ruled Me.com
Leave a Reply