Breaded and fried chicken can be yummy and healthy and still be keto. Add your favorite seasoning to make this your own. Breading works on other meats too, a little egg or cream can make it stick, but I have never needed it, I just press it into the breading and it adheres very well.
- Cooking oil, butter or bacon grease for frying
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup ground up pork rinds
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour (optional, I prefer it without)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Seasonings to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place pork rinds (and almond flour, if using), parmesan, salt and pepper into a shallow dish, stirring to combine.
- Optional- dip chicken in beaten egg or cream to help coating stick.
- Press chicken into coating mixture, flip and repeat
- Place coated chicken strips into hot saute pan.
- Cook each side for about 3 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Remove strips from skillet and let cool on a baking rack or paper towel lined plate.
- Serve warm with your favorite chicken strip dips.
Creamy BBQ Dip – 1 T SF BBQ Sauce and 2 T Sour Cream.
Honey Mustard Dip – 4 T Mayo, 3 T Mustard, 2 T Powdered Sweetener.
Leave a Reply